Oy, almost missed the first day of my OWN freakin challenge!
I did a post like this some time ago, but it was 15 albums… And it was difficult. Now I’m only limited to 10?! SHEESH!
Well anyway, the purpose of this challenge, aside from having a good time, of course… was to test out the “Event” module at JoinSomething.net. The point of that site is so that people can coordinate and sign up for events and such. It’s still kinda in Beta, so there are many kinks to work out. Testing is important.
The Challenge. This is a list of 10 albums I’d take with me to a desert island. Every business day for the next two weeks I will pick my favorite song off of the particular album that corresponds to that day, and post a video of it, and explain why I like it so much. Thus, Monday will be a song from album 1, Tuesday a song from album 2, etc…
Onto the list:
- Live – Throwing Copper
- Pink Floyd – A Momentary Lapse of Reason
- Aerosmith – Greatest Hits (There’s gotta be an anthology somewhere that has ALL the greatest hits right?!? …is that cheating?) OO I Found One! – O, Yeah! Ultimate Aerosmith Hits
- U2 – Rattle and Hum
- Lynyrd Skynyrd – Second Helping
- Taylor Swift – Speak Now (Shut it, she’s talented.)
- Pearl Jam – Ten
- Alice In Chains – Dirt
- Red Hot Chili Peppers – Stadium Arcadium
- Queen – A Kind of Magic
Being limited to 10 really makes it difficult for me to get all the genres that I like covered. I really would miss Classical Music on this Island, but you know, it doesn’t say anywhere in the challenge rules that you could never return from said island. I’d spend some time out there, rocking out and then come back. So. That’s good.